CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
For the May explorASIAN 2018 exhibition, “Following the Silk & Spice Routes and Beyond” in Vancouver, Canada, we encourage the submission of photographs from the communities or individuals who have an interest in showing images in context with the exhibition’s theme. The exhibition is a multicultural, visual representation of the silk and spice routes. Each highlighted region will be represented in photographs. Our main purpose is to engage the public with learning about the commercial routes that have given shape to the world we live in now.
Please note: The deadline for submissions is February 20th, 2018.
*Note: please refer to the list of countries and cities related to the Silk and Spice Maritime trade at the end of this document
- Photographs taken from countries and cities along the Silk and Spice Maritime Routes
- Photographs showing different goods traded in any city along the Maritime Routes
- Photographs showing Cultural Heritage from any listed country
- Photographs showing the cultures and traditions of Diaspora communities from listed countries residing in Vancouver, BC (cultural centres, restaurants, businesses, individuals or communities established in Vancouver)
Please submit the following items by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Leticia Sanchez
- 2 to 4 digital images representing the community in Vancouver.
- 2 to 4 digital images representing the culture in the country
- An image list indicating artist name, title of photograph, place and year taken.
- Two paragraphs with a maximum of 200 words per paragraph, one describing the community in Vancouver, and the the other the history and relationship with the trade routes of the country portrayed.
List of Countries along the Spice Routes that have not been portrayed in the 2016 and 2017 exhibition.
* Depending on the material submitted, we will try our best to include as many countries as possible in the project.
- 1. Taiwan
- Sri Lanka (formerly Ceylon)
- Saudi Arabia