DEADLINE: November 1st, 2018
The Vancouver Asian Heritage Month Society is looking for a new board member for the position of Secretary.
Play a key role in shaping VAHMS as we continue to grow and evolve! As a member of the Board of Directors, your experience, professional expertise, and passion will allow our Society to reach the next level of operation.
In exchange for volunteering with us you will be provided with an opportunity to meet new people, be introduced to the diversity of the Pan Asian community, develop leadership and communication skills, expand your professional network and have a positive impact in your community.
The required commitment for the Secretary position is as follows:
- Ability to serve for a minimum of two years
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Serve on the Executive Committee
- Conduct the correspondence of the Society
- Issue notices of meeting of the Society and directors
- Keep minutes of all meetings of the Society and directors
- Have custody all records and documents of the Society except those required to be kept by the Treasurer
- Have custody of the common seal of the Society
- Maintain the register of members
- Represent and advocate for VAHMS
The Nomination Committee is particularly interested in candidates with experience or expertise in:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member and Officer
- Hold a strong commitment to VAHMS’ Mission, Vision, and Values and a demonstrated passion for arts and culture
- Previous not-for-profit board experience is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit an application letter and your resume/CV to email@example.com
In the application letter please include your motivations for becoming a member of the Board of Directors of the Vancouver Asian Heritage Month Society.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee with interviews to be scheduled from November 15th – November 30th, 2018
- Successful candidates will be invited to stand for nomination by the membership in early January 2019.