Overview: Report to the President, work with various areas from development to completion of tasks, and support to board members assigned to those areas. Confer with Chairs of various committees to come to an agreement as to the tasks for which there will be time to be performed by the Coordinator and the tasks that need to be performed by volunteers.
IMPORTANT! Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We won’t respond to Facebook applications.
- Reporting to Board including preparation of reports and data collection for archives
- Liaising with Various Board Members and supporting Board Meetings
- Working with Community and Institutional Partners
- Developing timelines and time management
- Updating, maintaining, and backing up internal organization files and databases.
- Maintaining gmail, mailchimp, website, and Eventbrite group lists for members, artists, volunteers, partners, and sponsors
- Contacting Speakers, Performers, Media, Etc.
- Arranging Venues for Opening, Recognition Event, Etc.
- Administrating Letters of Agreement and contracts for artists
- Marketing & Audience Development
- Supporting design and maintenance of website, e-newsletter, and promotional materials
- Arranging and overseeing printed marketing material production, pick up, distribution, and archival (Program guide, brochures, posters, signage)
- Working with participating partners and the Vancouver Courier to produce the Festival Program Guide
- Arranging, contracting, and completing the Illumination of Vancouver city hall and bus shelter posters
- Creating and delivering e-mail invites and organizing the list of recipients for the various festival events
- Assisting and facilitating the creation of a festival survey, including post-festival reports and data collecting
- Assisting the organization and coordination of VAHMS produced events. (Opening Ceremony, Gala, Volunteer Appreciation)
- Inviting audiences and VIP’s to explorASIAN festival events including updating and managing master guest lists
- Supporting throughout VAHMS events and programs, “On the ground” management, including event delivery and striking
Partnerships and Sponsorships:
- Assisting with writing and sending thank you and appreciation letters for, partners, sponsors, and artists
- Supporting sponsorship, partnerships committees
- Coordinating the festival partners and recognition awards submissions and program distribution
- Assisting the Gala Chair in organizing the Recognition event and Silent Auction
- Assisting as needed with Grant writing
- Effective leadership and management skills
- A passion for Asian- Canadian culture with commitment to diversity and inclusiveness of all cultures
- Experience with a non-profit arts and cultural organization
- Experience with event planning and on-site project coordination
- Able to multi-task in fast paced environments
- Strong organizational skills and highly detail-oriented
- Proficient in computer skills and social Media, especially Microsoft Office, goggle docs, In design
- Strong communication and writing skills. Grant Writing skill is an asset
- Must be reliable and self-motivated, have an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Effective team player to help involve, individuals, audiences, and volunteers; especially youth
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate contracting. Knowledge of events protocols a plus
- Fluent in English and can be legally employed in Canada