Welcome to explorASIAN Festival 2022!
We are thrilled to share the arrival of our 26th explorASIAN Festival Program. We invite you to download, browse, and share the complete guide through the interactive links above, where you will find 60+ Asian Heritage Month in-person and virtual events and exhibitions presented by our various community partners.
We hope you can join us for our in-person Festival Opening Ceremony on April 30th! Together we will celebrate the start of Asian Heritage Month and explorASIAN Festival 2022 at the Vancouver campus of Simon Fraser University. This free ceremony will include a catered reception, speeches by esteemed guests, and performances to showcase the growing communities of Pan-Asian heritage and their rich, vibrant history in Canada. We are again pleased to be partnering with many distinguished partners, one of them being Simon Fraser University, which is well known for its interest in diversity and intercultural understanding. Space is limited, register early!
Luka Kawabata, Kage & Noriko Kim Kobayashi, Gamelan Tekanan Suara, Arkai & Mozaico Flamenco
VAHMS invites you to join us at our Community Awards Celebration on Saturday, May 21, 2022 at the PAL Studio Theatre to recognize and celebrate the arts and cultural diversity that Pan-Asian Canadian communities bring to Canadian society. During the event, we will be honouring individuals and organizations that have made a difference in these Pan-Asian Canadian communities.
The celebration will include:
* Hors d’oeuvres and Wine Bar
* Music by Elysse Cloma
* Co.ERASGA’s performance of Passages of Rhythms
* Art Exhibition displaying Works of Art from Interconnected Artists and Senior Performing Artists
* Silent Auction with more than 50 prizes
Your support this year will go towards two causes:
* supporting VAHMS & explorASIAN Festival so it can continue as a platform for promoting inclusion and connectivity across Pan-Asian Canadian communities
* supporting Senior Performing Artists living at PAL Vancouver, community-focused housing provided to long-standing members of Metro Vancouver’s performing arts professions